Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sharing the Love... er, Savings

Last night A. and I went to a local feed and supply store to get Lucky a new halter. The bighead now needs a "yearling" size. It's hard to believe. Well, she is almost two, but still! She's a blessing, traviesa that she is. Anyhow, last week we got a coupon in the mail for $10 off so it was the perfect time to go and pick up the halter.

You know how sometimes you have a coupon that you don't need, but you wish that someone else could enjoy the savings? We got in line behind this guy who was buying a pair of workboots... and our other coupon happened to be for 15 percent off leather shoes/boots. I was a bit embarrassed (okay, I turned red) but I asked him if he was using a coupon for his shoes. When he said no, I offered him ours. He was surprised, but after a half-second he said yes. :) He saved $19 with the coupon!! When he left he thanked me for offering it. It just made my night. Plus it saved him a few bucks.

Why don't you try to do something nice for a stranger today? Even if it's a bit out of your comfort zone. You might make their day- or yours. One site that I like to visit is Operation Nice. It's all about being nice to others. Why don't you go by?

No comments: