Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dia de los Locos

Okay, it was really called Dia de los Toadies. However, you'd know what I mean by Dia de los Locos if you were there right about the time the Toadies came out on stage.

This weekend I went to this day-long concert thing with my darling Baby Sis and her sis-in-law. It was fun.


The icky cowpond

Swimming in a big cowpond (icky, yet refreshing), eating and drinking in the parking lot (a bit of a trek, but still fun), and peoplewatching (interesting people, interesting watching). Oh, yeah... there was music, too.

My favorite band of the day was Bowling for Soup. They're adorable (even the really big one) and they totally rock. They're just so fun. It was great how they talked to the audience. The music was pretty cool, too.

Jaret Reddick of Bowling for Soup

Then... the Toadies came out. I get the fact that this was their thing, but they're still not a group that I'd listen to of my own free will. Perhaps the highlight of their set was when they played Possum Kingdom, or the "rape song" as I like to call it.

It wasn't all cans of beer and elbows to the head, though. There was also a healthy amount of shoving and slamming into other people. Am I really this old? Or could it be that most everyone there (except for the Bowling for Soup fans, of course) was insane?

No comments: