Monday, August 17, 2009

Somewhat Single and Fancy Free

Who am I? How can I be married if I have no husband? How can I be a mother if I have no child? 7 1/2 months ago I was (or so I thought) happily married, a wife and mother. Now I no longer have the husband or the child. Oh, yes. They're still around somewhere. They're just no longer with me.

If a baby can be created and born in nine months, can I be recreated and reborn in the same amount of time? On October 9, it will be nine months since this chain of events started. What will happen by then? Will I be a totally different person? Will my priorities be different? What about my goals? My dreams? Rebuilding your life can be hard, but I'm blessed to be given the opportunity. Many don't have that chance.

Slowly but surely, I've started living my new life. It's hard.



No comments: