Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Surprise on the Curb

What a beautiful morning this is. Cool and fresh. These are the perfect days, after it’s been horribly hot and before it starts getting frighteningly frigid.

Thinking all this, I happily pulled out of the drive this morning. Then guess what I saw. A sofa… and a TV. On the curb. My curb. Well, we don't actually have a curb, but if we did, that's where it would be. Right under the sofa and TV that I hadn't seen before in my life until this morning. Apparently our charming neighbors decided that we would want their trash in front of our house so they kindly brought it over in the middle of the night.

No wonder our dog was barking and barking last night. Too bad I didn’t go out and investigate. We would have caught the neighbors con las manos en la masa, so to speak.

Now, what do I do? I could easily freecycle it, but what if someone came to pick up the stuff when we’re not home? My husband would freak. Sigh. I’ll probably go and speak to the neighbors and ask them to please get their living room discards and go put them in front of their house instead. It’s only Wednesday and who knows when the bulk trash people will come out. We can set out our own trash, thank you very much. We don’t need donations!

These are the same people who crashed my daughter's birthday party several months ago. They showed up at 11 p.m. and didn't leave until about 2 a.m. Why, oh why, can't we have normal neighbors who come over early and leave when everybody else does? It would serve them right if we put their stuff in front of their house tonight! LOL

No comments: