Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No More Donuts!!

My story of the day: This summer we went to see Alacranes Musical at the Mesquite Rodeo. For those of you that don’t know, they’re an awesome banda that specializes in the pasito Duranguense. The pasito Duranguense is a funny type of cheerful music with lots of brass, kind of bouncy big band music. It’s even got its own cute dance.

Well, when we went to the combination rodeo/concert, we had my hubby’s niece with us. Since N. and my daughter, A., just love the music and wanted to get close up, I took them down to the main floor and left my hubby high up in the stands. And he didn't care. He was not protective of me in the least. The girls and I were totally surrounded by guys. Testosterone on all sides. Some even asked me to dance! (It was a distraction tactic I’m sure. They were just trying to lure this mama hen away from her chicks, but still!!!) Isn’t that sad? There was a time when he wouldn't dare let me five feet away from him.

So, I've decided... to go on a diet! Okay, the concert took place months ago, but the import of the moment just hit me. Yes, I go on diets all the time, every couple of months or so. But this time it’s different. (Isn’t it always?) So far it’s been two days and so far I’ve said no to chocolate-covered cream-filled donuts, Jack-in-the-Box, and Boston Market. Yes, I’m on the way!

Now, for your listening and viewing enjoyment...

No comments: