Thursday, June 11, 2009

Los Nubes No Se Van

What a fun-filled night! (Not really.) A pretty bad storm hit Dallas. Actually, it's still hitting it! The lights went out right when we got home. While I was taking care of things in the garage, A. was taking care of Lucky. While A. was in the feed shed, a tree fell on it! Fortunately, it was one of the trees we'd been meaning to cut down. Mother Nature just got to it before I did. Now we'll only need to do a bit of tidying up, picking up pieces of tree and such.

Since it was raining so hard, I was reluctant to open any of the windows so it was warm all night long. However, that didn't stop us from having a movie night hour before the laptop's battery died. Twilight. Although I heard that it wasn't all that, I actually liked the movie pretty well. At least what we saw of it. Great. Now I'm going to have to read the books! :)

After that, I washed dishes by candlelight. It was very relaxing. Then on to studying by candlelight. Maybe Laura Ingalls was used to this sort of thing, but I'm not. It's hard to nod off when you have a candle on the book that can easily set your head afire. Well, it's not hard to nod off, but it's dangerous! Thank God, the lights were on again by morning. Hopefully the rain will ease up a bit by this afternoon. We have fence to mend and tree limbs to move. In addition to the long list of other things that need to be done around the house.

To see the video of the day, click here. It's El Sol No Regresa, by La 5ta Estacion. We're hoping the sun will return soon.

No comments: