Friday, February 6, 2009

Love and Laughter

“We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.” – Agnes Repplier

How funny. As deeply as I loved my husband, we never really laughed together. He would seem to get annoyed by my joking and general silliness. He would also fuss whenever my daughter and I would be silly together. Can you believe that he would say that there should be less joking and more respect? Whatever. We used to call him Mr. Grumpy. I always wanted to get him a t-shirt with Mr. Grumpy on it, but could never find one. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough?



Oh, yeah, even though our relationship was not as close as it should have been, my beautiful A. and I could still always find something to laugh about. Whether it be a broken toe (a hallway race gone awry) or fart contests (not real ones, except for the one that started it all). Now she and I are much closer. We need to keep finding more reasons to laugh together. Hopefully more farting won't be involved.

No comments: