Friday, December 5, 2008

What a Cutey!

A warm, little thought for these chilly days we’re starting to have in Texas:
“One kind word can warm three winter months.” – A Japanese proverb

Yesterday, I was doing some online flipping through Craigslist & I found a gorgeous mare, in foal. For only $950. So pretty and muscley. So, last night I showed it to my dear hubby. He was impressed but said that we don’t have the money for another mare right now.

Well, actually, we do have the money, but it’s being saved up for a short trip to a family wedding in just a few weeks. However, there’s no guarantee that we can take the trip, since my lovely husband's work is slow at this time of year and I haven’t even asked for the time off yet! And who knows what can befall us from now until then. So, it’s still up in the air.

Anyhow, since I’m so metiche (another word for busybody or someone who goes on and does something that she really doesn’t need to be doing), I called and asked about the mare. She’s from 8 to 10 years old. And yes, she’s registered. Not as a quarter horse, as we’d suspected. Nope. She’s a registered Pony of America. That means that although she’s pretty, she’s a shorty. We already have one of those, thank you, very much. Surely this is a horse deal that wasn’t meant to be.

Maybe it’s a good thing that I never have any money. As soon as I do I start looking for ways to spend it! :)

No comments: