Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Party Garland

This weekend we're going to have a bit of a family get together. On Super Bowl weekend. This was planned even before anyone really knew who had made it to the big game. The Saints against the Colts. Um, I was already going to decorate in gold and black. Does that mean we're going to be rooting for the Saints? lol. Guess so.

Anyhow, I found a great party garland idea online via One Pretty Thing. Instead of putting mine together with casual cotton, I used this gorgeous ethereal-looking fabric in sheeny, transparent black and gold. I cut it in different-sized strips averaging 1" by 6". Each strip was quickly tied onto gold crochet thread. Here's the result. Whatcha think?

You can't really tell, but the slightest movement of air in the room sets the garland to fluttering. So simple and pretty. This reminds me of the gorgeous drinking straw/silk flower garlands they hang up in Mexico for fiestas. I've tried to find a source up here but haven't had any luck. If you know of one, let me know, please!

No comments: