Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Meal-Planning

If you know me even a little bit you'll know that I'm not a holiday person. I'm not an Easter, Halloween, or Christmas person. Thanksgiving is different, but I think that's the only holiday I don't mind celebrating. This year I didn't stress as much as I normally do. Dare I say I didn't care as much as to the outcome? No, I daren't. :) All I know is that I didn't put as much thought into the menu and the outcome as I normally do.

Anyhow, my family is coming to my house on Christmas eve. I still have no idea what I'm going to do. Should we make tamales? Should I make posole? (Ah, yummy posole. Normally made for New Years, but I don't care, it's so good!) Should I go pick up some fried chicken from the place down the street? Or should we just have some light food all day long? A fruit salad, summer sausage, cheese, and crackers, etc. Maybe some tortas? Ah, make-your-own tortas. Now that's an idea. Maybe some sweet tea? Yum!

The only thing I know is that I don't really care that much about the food now. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that my fridge is empty of everything but beer and Mexican cheese. Well, that could have a bit to do with it. lol.

Truth be told, when cooking on Thanksgiving many of the staples I would normally use in day-to-day life, including spices and brown sugar, were nowhere to be found. I couldn't even find the huge bottle of vanilla that I *know* used to be in the pantry. I had to use vanilla vodka instead. Laugh if you will, but my famous sweet potato casserole didn't come out that bad. :)

Now, what are you planning on making for your Christmas meal?

No comments: